Monday 2 March 2015

Daddy Long Legs - 1 star

What is it?
The aim of the game is to get the Daddy Long Legs to walk across the screen by tapping to alternate between the legs. Not only was I immediately rubbish at this game I quickly lost my temper at not being able to master the technique, if there is one. 

I suffered the misfortune of downloading this game because it was apparently a "top app" in the 'Games' section of the App Store. It is rare that I take an instant dislike to a game but this really wasn't for me.   

The design of the game is very basic and the representation of this Daddy Long Legs is not like one I have ever seen. Being an insect, a daddy long legs has six legs and wings! This was an ugly looking fluffy box (no wings) with two stick legs that are prone to tripping and doing the splits.

I really did try to persist with this game but it seriously drove me insane and made me want to throw my phone out the window. 

The game offers the GameCentre features and rewards you when you achieve various items. I only won one for falling over so many times in a row, which fuelled my dislike for the game. It also appears that you can unlock special features of the Daddy Long Legs but I didn't get that far. 

I don't know what else I can say about this app but I am relieved this review is written and it can be removed from my phone, never to be re-installed.  It really does make you question how these things get to the top of the charts and featured by Apple. Don't even get me started on how much I disagree with the 8000 gamers that have awarded this 4.5 stars! I'm afraid I really don't understand the appeal! 

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use - 2
This game should be simple - tap to walk the Daddy Long Legs. However, it is not as simple as it makes out. This game is frustrating and as mentioned I didn't like the game so gave up any attempt to master it!


Price - 4
This game is free to download, thankfully, as I would have hated to waste my money on it, however you can pay to remove the ads. 

Adverts - 3
There are header ads throughout the app but I hardly noticed them. To be honest, I didn't play it enough to experience if there are full screen ads in this game... so I will assume there aren't. 

Overall Rating 1
This app was not for me. It's design was overly basic and I am not sure why it is called Daddy Long Legs when it doesn't look like one! A more apt name would be 'Ugly box on wonky stilts'. I hate writing bad reviews but I really struggled to find anything I liked about this app! As mentioned it currently has 4.5 stars on the app store so I am happy to be in the minority. I will certainly not be playing the game again. 

Keep, jury is out or delete - Delete 


Where to find it:


Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/daddy-long-legs/id905921908?mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment