Wednesday 17 December 2014

3D Santa Run & Christmas Racing - 2 Stars


What is it?
Ever played Temple Run? Well imagine that with a funny looking village, Ginches and a sort of 3D Santa and that is the game. I play Minion Rush, well I did until the latest updates with Jelly Labs that have ruined it for me, so I am used to pretty good graphics. This game wasn't exactly what I was expecting in the graphics, especially from the icon. The graphics are a little clunky, but they don't really disturb game play, but equally they don't encourage you to want to keep playing. 

The game is basically to make Santa run for as long as you can, sliding and jumping over obstacles and turning sharp corners. You dodge obstacles by tilting the phone from left to right so pretty easy to use.  Like Minion Rush the more points, coins and Grinches you collect the more points you earn to increase your multiplayer. When you increase the multiplayer you get more points each time you play.

If you have the sound on the game plays you festive music which is a nice touch.

As I am sat here writing this, I am struggling to say that I liked the game. It is a bit of festive fun and delivers on its promise of a Christmas theme, but I think the clunky graphics let it down. 

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use 3 
If you have played these games before then this will be easy to pick up and play. I did like in the game that there are instructions as you play the first few times. If quick paced games aren't for you then I wouldn't recommend this one but if you like Temple Run then you may like this. 


Price - 5
This game is free.

Adverts - 2
There are adverts of various types but they are not as frequent as I have seen in other games.

Overall Score2
I just didn't take to this game. I only kept playing because I had decided that I was going to review it. If you like Temple Run and don't mind less jazzy graphics then this is worth a try, it is Christmas after all.

Keep, jury is out or delete - Delete
I hate saying delete when I can see that effort has gone into a game but I just don't want to play. This game is already off my phone, but mainly as I just upgraded to the iPhone , but I am not going to download it again as it just isn't for me. 

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/3d-santa-run-christmas-racing/id938177866?mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment