Sunday 30 November 2014

Fist of Fury



What is it?
Like quick apps that are addictive but don't take over your life? Then try this!! I love games that don't take up hours of my day, but allow me to be competitive, and lets just say this was punch contest in my house! Designed in a retro way, yes pixilated fun, this is a bright, simple, fun and addictive game!

The aim of the game is to punch, by swiping left, right, up and down, opponents/ninjas to stay alive! As you progress the game gets quicker and you find yourself manic across the screen. As you play more and get more points you unlock different characters! My personal favourites are the Vampire and the Cat!

A great feature of this app is your last play is recorded and can be uploaded straight onto YouTube! I think it would be even better if could record your reaction and speech at the same time but I fear that mine would have to censored as I do get quite...er... involved in the competition!

There are no big prizes, just the satisfaction of beating your friends... it took me two weeks to break the 200 mark and I unlocked all the characters. I still play this game when I have a cheeky few minutes, as my boyfriend is beating me at an embarrassing rate!

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use - 5
If you have the freedom to swipe then you can play this. I would say if you have slow reactions then you may quickly become annoyed with this game. I will admit i had difficulty using my thumb for this game, but looking like my dad and holding the phone with one hand, sticking out my tongue and using my other hands index finger was very effective :D
Price - 5
This is free. Obviously there is an in app purchase to remove the ad's, but for the most part these aren't noticeable.  

Adverts - 4
There are ad's in this game pop ups about every four plays and some at the bottom bar during play. For the most part I didn't notice the ads, and I wasn't taken to the store to buy them. As a game with ad's goes this is ok. 

Keep, jury is out or delete - Keep
If you like Bruce Lee then you are bound to like this. I can't bring myself to admit defeat on this one yet and its still has pride of place on my phone. It makes me frustrated with myself but it is addictive! It is free so why not give it a try?!

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fist-of-fury/id913105070?mt=8 

No comments:

Post a Comment