Thursday 5 December 2013

Tic Tactics - 2 Stars

What is it?
This is a game of naughts and crosses or tic-tac-toe that is played across nine different boards in one, with the aim to win the big board. I had to go through the tutorial several times to get how the game worked. 

I won't lie, at first I didn't get this game. The tutorial only explains part of the game and the only way to practice is to play against online player, which costs credits. You are given a series of credits when you start the game and I believe you can earn them by winning challenges  and by returning to the app each day, but you can buy additional. 

When going through the tutorial it explains that you can only place your O or X on raised areas, which was fine and made sense. Then tutorial goes on to explain that when you have placed your piece you can select one of the nine boards to make your challenger play by the position of where you lay your go, this took me a few attempts to get the hang of as the demo rushes over this. 

I think the tutorial needs more work and the app would benefit from practice levels so the user can get to grips with the game. 

I was looking forward to this game as lets face it tic-tac-toe is a classic, but I didn't take to this game. It can take up to two days for your competitor to take their go and then it loses momentum and as you can't practice I found myself not going into the app.  

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use - 3 
I didn't find this game easy to use and the tutorial/instructions sounded logical but you need to practice to get to grips with it and are reliant on others to do this. 


Price - 3
This free to download but there are in app purchases for additional credits. I didn't test this functionality as I still have remaining credits. 

Adverts - 5
There were no adverts in this game, which is a good point. 

Keep, jury is out or delete - Delete
This game is not for me. Even when I understood the instructions it didn't make me want to keep playing, which is a shame.  It looked a good game, and based on there being online users it has obviously has a fan base. 

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tic-tactics/id672538299?mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment