Monday 2 December 2013

Need Boy - 2.5 Stars


What is it?
This is a game where you are given a picture and you need to guess what the boy needs.  There is a cartoon boy in various situations or poses and you need to guess what the picture is indicating he needs i.e. if he is squinting the answer could be glasses. 

The format of the game can be compared to Icomania as you are given the number of letters in the word and a selection to choose from to create the answer. 

For each correct answer you collect collect lightening bolts, which can be exchanged for hints. You can either add a letter to the answer or remove one from the selection, like Icomainia. As you can expect if you run out of credit you can purchase some more that vary in price depending on how many you buy. 

All of the pictures used are hand drawn and appear to have been deigned especially for the app which is a nice choice.  

Some of the pictures are easier than others. I will admit that when the questions got too obscure and I had run out of credits, I turned the app off. 

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use 3 
This is an easy to use app as the format has been tried and tested with Icomania. Some of the pictures are difficult to guess. 
Price - 3
This is a free to download app with in store purchases if you run out of credit. I wasn't tempted to buy any credits, but at least they come in a variety of prices. 

Adverts - 5
I didn't experience any adverts when I was playing this game which I always like. 

Keep, jury is out or delete - Jury is out
I am not sure about this game at the moment. The pictures can be a little difficult to guess, but with Icomania it can be a case of over thinking the answer. I will give it another go next week to decide if I should delete it.

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/need-boy/id686355109?mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment