Sunday 1 December 2013

Definitions - 3 Stars

What is it?
This is a general knowledge game where you select categories, the level difficulty and then race against the clock to get the highest score you can from five questions. 

There are two modes single, the free version, or challenge, where you need to pay. I reviewed the free version of the app, as I didn't fancy signing up to a gambling site I have never heard of, to then play for $1 a go!

When you select the Single player mode, you are taken to select a category where you can chose Sport, Nature, Food & Culture, Science, General Knowledge and  Geography.  Once you have selected a category you choose the level of difficulty and the game commences. You are asked a question and choose from one of four options to select the answer. After the five questions are answered, you are presented with your score. 

This is basically the game unless you pay to challenge people. As you go through the levels of difficulty the questions do get harder, but they also repeat occasionally.  You can access your high scores from the main menu and sign up to the betting site to play your friends and other challengers. 

This game would be good for a travel journey, or a games evening to compete against scores. I personally wouldn't dip in an out of this game to kill a few minutes on my lunch break. 

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use -
This is a very easy to use game and has had some thought behind it. The design and functionality are well executed and reminds me of a non cheesy TV show. 
Price - 3
This is free but if you want to compete it is expensive and involves you joining up to a betting site, so not one for the kids. The free version is ok though and has enough levels to keep you occupied. 

Adverts - 5
I observed no adverts in this games, which I liked.

Keep, jury is out or delete - Keep
This is a fun app but with some strings attached. The free version is enough to keep me and my friends amused over a meal, or a games evening but I would never upgrade. I will be keeping this until after Christmas, or until I have memorised the answers, to appear a guru at quizzes! 

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/definitions/id655583812?ls=1&mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment