Sunday 1 December 2013

Birdy Pop - 2 Stars

What is it?
This is a game that involves you "popping" birds which then fire off balls that are used to kill other birds.  There are multiple stages each with several levels. Like Angry Birds you have to complete a level before you can move on to the next. 

Within each level there is a number of bird pops that you have to kill all of the remaining birds and clear the stage. I will be honest and admit I didn't have the patience to sit there and figure out the logic for each one out, instead I went for trial and error. 

The levels do get more difficult as you progress through the game and there are additional birds added that require different number of hits to kill. You also gain gold from each of the levels that you complete  which can be used for power ups. There is even a power up that removes the adverts for 10 goes. If you run out of gold you can purchase more through in app purchases. 

The game is colourful and the graphics are ok. There has been some thought put into the game, but I will admit it hasn't instantly hooked me. 

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use -
This is easy to use and if you can be bothered to sit there and work out the logic of the birds I am sure it will be even easier. 
Price - 3
The initial price of the app is free. There are in app purchases available to buy extra gold and upgrade to remove the adverts. 

Adverts - 2
There are adverts in this game and they can get a little annoying as they appear in between levels and when you start the app. 

Keep, jury is out or delete - Delete
I am not going to keep this app as there is no excitement in it for me. I quickly got bored but  I can see the appeal for people that like these type of logic games, but beware this is no Angry Birds.

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/birdy-pop-poppers-strategy/id732341190?mt=8 

No comments:

Post a Comment