Thursday 12 December 2013

All Words Up Saga - 2.5 Stars


What is it?
This is a join letters together, to make words  with the goal to get a high score and pass the level. There are a variety of levels and challenges in this game for example, to score as many points in a limited number of moves or within a certain time frame.  If you like word searches then this game could be for you. 

You create words by joining them with a line, unlike conventional word searches, you can cross the line and zig zag across the letters, very like Boggle. 

As you win levels, you win more tokens. As you lose levels you lose one of your five hearts, which you have to wait to be refreshed. As with most of these games there are in app purchases, to buy your way out of difficult levels. 

The graphics are limited on the app, but they work, which is good. 

I played a few levels of this game, but need to be in a wordy mood to play it again. The app isn't bad, in fact it does what it says on the tin. I compared this app to Freeze It, which I felt was more exciting because of the competitive elements, however if you don't like competition this might be better for you. 

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use - 4
This app is very easy to use and comes with clear and short instructions, which is all that you need. I didn't spell very many long words so I am not sure if it recognises UK and USA spellings.
Price - 3
This was free, but there are in app purchases ranging from £0.69 - £2.99. I took another look at the App Store before publishing the review, and it indicates that this app may not be free for long. 

Adverts - 5
I didn't experience any adverts in this app, always appreciated.

Keep, jury is out or delete - Keep
I will be keeping this app for now as I want to see how far I can get but I will need to be in the mood to play it. 

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/all-words-up-saga/id757682832

No comments:

Post a Comment