Tuesday 26 November 2013

Clumsy Ninja - 2.5 Stars


What is it?
The Clumsy Ninja is is a computer character that needs to be trained to become a pro. When the app starts there are pop ups that provide instructions on what is going to happen and what you need to do. Being slightly picky the font size is pretty small so get your reading glasses at the ready. 

The premise of the game is to train the Ninja to make him less clumsy through mini challenges. The completion of tasks gives reward coins that you collect and then move onto the next one. 

As the tasks progress you need to use your coins to buy things from the Ninja Kit to continue training. The items bought are then used for the mini tasks. The graphics are pretty good and aimed at younger app users. The character can be moved around the screen and is very interactive and bright.

If I had to compare the app to anything it would be Talking Gina as it has the training aspect, the difference being the trading of coins for Ninja Kit rather than buying them. Its like a modern Tamagotchi for the iPhone.

The app did ask me  to access my Twitter account, I didn't allow this functionality and a good Google search didn't tell me why it wanted to access my account... I am never a fan of this!

I personally feel I am a little old for the app. Whilst the graphics are good and its very interactive I found it a little difficult to like but I am not the target demographic. I do think that kids would like this, but for how long who knows? At least the initial download is free if they do get bored!

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use 3 
The app is pretty easy to use if you follow the original instructions. A new user that has not been through the introduction would experience difficulties as the icons don't really represent the associated functionality.  The text size is very small so some users may experience difficulties, especially as you can't zoom in. 


Price - 3
The app is free to download. There are in app purchases that can be made, for example the purchase of more tokens and special editions, there is currently one for Christmas priced at £1.99.  Prices to get additional jewels and coins start at £1.99 up to £20.99, so not a cheap game if you get addicted. 

Adverts - 5
I didn't get any adverts when playing this game, which is refreshing. The app was released on the 21 November 2013, so the advertising may change, as after all this is a free app.

Keep, jury is out or delete Jury is out
This app isn't for me as I am not the target demographic but i can understand the appeal. The graphics are well designed and the premise is good, however it would quickly bore me, very like Talking Gina, a novelty app. 

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/clumsy-ninja/id561416817
Android:  Can't find a link :s

No comments:

Post a Comment